The first night of Startup Runway, co-hosted by Valor Ventures and the Gathering Spot, 6 growing young technology companies presented in a private setting. They were selected out of over 30 applicants for tonight alone. Peers scored each other in four areas:
Customer Validation, Hypergrowth Business Model, Team and Diversity
- Average revenue in the group that pitched last night: $800K
- Average # of customers: 200
Startup Runway is the only pitch series in the South that sources startups from minority founding teams: teams with gender diversity, racial diversity, or both. In the next couple weeks, the Startup Runway mission control team is getting feedback about our process. After we run August, September, and October Startup Runway pitch simulation trainings, we’ll evaluate the scores from each startup. The top 10% of presenters will be invited to present at our investor showcase November 3.
Could you qualify to get on the runway? Our next session, September 12, is filling up fast. Hope to see you there.
Like what we’re doing? Please thank our visionary sponsors like Baker Donelson and The Gathering Spot with your business.
- The Gathering Spot: the cohost with the most!
- Baker Donelson, sponsor
- LaunchTN for guaranteeing a spot for our Nov 3 Showcase winner onto their main stage in 2017
- Atlanta public relations firm Write2Market for photos and ground support
- JazzE, our volunteer MC and host
- Hypepotamus and UrbanGeekz for covering Startup Runway and helping us find great startups
- The growing list of investors joining us November 3 for our showcase program