Valor at Northeast Regional Inclusive Capital Workshop
If we want more inclusive entrepreneurship, we need more inclusive capital.
An emerging field of alternative and more inclusive investors has quietly begun to transform early-stage entrepreneurship. New financing models and funds have been developed, and a new crop of diverse fund leaders are emerging — and yet the majority of entrepreneurs have little awareness of these new funding options.
If you’re an entrepreneur interested in learning more about new more inclusive forms of capital and the investors leading these funds — this event is for you.
Join for a conversation and workshop with experienced and active investors from Village Capital, RevUp Capital, Catalyst Fund, Vamos Ventures, Impact America Fund, Valor Ventures, Next Wave Impact, Ben Franklin Technology Partners of Southeast PA, Social Venture Circle and many others who will share their experience on topics such as:
- Inclusive Capital: Learn from VCs investing in women, latinx, black founders and other communities of entrepreneurs underserved by traditional VCs.
- Alternative Capital: Learn more about revenue-based financing, peer-selected financing and other nontraditional early stage investment opportunities.
- Interactive Workshops: Go deep on targeted topics of interest such as revenue based financing, how to communicate effectively with VCs, and others.
Thank you to our partners for making this event possible:
The Pathways to Capital initiative is made possible through our Inclusive Capital partner, UBS. UBS supports entrepreneurship initiatives that drive economic growth by encouraging a more inclusive landscape for underrepresented founders. Through UBS partnerships and programs with Village Capital and others, they provided entrepreneurs with access to training, capital and networks needed to build their companies, create jobs and contribute to their local communities.
Ben Franklin Technology Partners of Southeast PA is the regional leader for this event in partnership with Village Capital. For over 30 years, Ben has been the leading seed stage capital provider for the region’s technology sectors, investing over $175 million in more than 1,750 regional technology companies, many of which have gone on to become industry leaders.
ImpactPHL works to increase investment in impact companies and organizations in Greater Philadelphia by accelerating development and awareness of Greater Philadelphia’s impact economy.
Event Details and Agenda:
- Registration: 12 noon to 1:00pm (Light refreshments & networking lunch served in open atrium/lobby space)
- Inclusive Capital Workshop: 1pm-5pm (Agenda details forthcoming)
- Post Event Reception: Venture Cafe 5-7pm
Valor is proud to support Northeast Regional Inclusive Capital Workshop, come see us in Philadelphia!